Last update: August 1, 2021
We are delighted to serve you on the Scrum School platform. Since now, we call the Scrum School platform, in short, "Platform".
- You declare that you legally use Platform and respect all rights of trainers as well as Platform’s.
- If you cancel your booking, we will behave based on the cancellation rules of a class defined by its trainer.
- You are expected to read all the cancellation rules of a class carefully before booking.
- Some trainers define tax for their classes based on their own countries. Your country of residence is the reference to determine whether you are eligible for applying such tax. So, please set your current and real country of residence.
- After conducting a class, the trainer will send your name to the main organizations (Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance) for getting the related exam attempts.
- Trainers are responsible for providing all necessary tools for class conduction like Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, Skype, Mural, Miro, etc.
- You declare that you are an official trainer with Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance. Other main organizations will be added incrementally. Based on joining them, this document will be updated.
- You are responsible for conducting your classes on the predefined date and time.
- Every trainer has a private panel on the Platform on which they can create and edit classes, update their training profile, see their performance, bookings, registered students, etc.
All work of creating and editing classes is done by the trainer. However, if they need help, the Platform’s colleagues will help them.
- Platform does not define the class price. It is done by the trainer. However, they should obey the rules of Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance. For example, a PST should adhere to the price levels for various markets defined by Scrum.org.
- You clearly define your cancellation rules for every single class.
- For each class, the trainer revenue share is 80% of the class's total revenue. So, it is obvious that Platform share is 20% of the class's total revenue.
- You can define a tax policy for each class. In such a case, the Platform will transfer all collected tax amounts to the trainer directly. Trainers are responsible for clearing tax balances with their own countries' tax offices.
Tax is not used in the revenue share calculations.
- On the Platform, there are two main payment ways:
- Stripe Basic: This is the default payment way when a trainer joins the Platform. In this way, trainer share payouts will be paid two working days after finishing a class.
- Stripe Connect: It is a great service that Stripe offers to the platform-based businesses by which trainers (service providers) get their income immediately after the student payment in their Stripe connected account.
In fact, Scrum School is a double-sided platform. The first side is for the trainer who is deemed as the business entity that provides and offers training courses. The second side is for the student who is deemed as the consumer. Finally, Scrum School is a bridge that connects two pre-mentioned sides.
To make it transparent, Scrum School is not the training provider. However, it brings an infrastructure on which trainers deal with students. For example, when a student wants to pay via an invoice, the invoice is created automatically via the integrated massages between Scrum School and Stripe based on the name of the trainer on the invoice as the service provider.
To use this feature you need to connect your Stripe account to the Scrum School platform. To do so, you should go through the Stripe onboarding process at your panel and make your account onboarded.
Once it gets done, you will get your class income right after the students’ payments.
Although you get your income immediately, you will remain accountable for refunds and disputes if the class is cancelled or other reasons happen. Moreover, Stripe itself guarantees refunds for a few months.
- There are Stripe transaction fees for payouts. So, trainers should expect such fees.
- Trainers are responsible for all license fees (per student or general) that they should pay to Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance. License fees are paid by trainers from the trainers' share.
- Trainers are responsible for providing and paying for all required tools for class conduction like Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, Skype, Mural, Miro, etc.
- If you cancel a class, we will send a cancellation email to all booked students. In addition, all students’ payments will be refunded completely.
We are always open to hearing your feedback about the Platform. So, whenever you have something for the Platform improvement, send an email to the Scrum School support team.
Thanks for choosing Scrum School.