Last update: December 10, 2021
We are delighted to serve you on the Scrum School platform. Since now, we call the Scrum School platform, in short, "Platform".
Learning Social Network
Scrum School is a social learning network by which all Scrum professionals (trainers and practitioners) can build their own professional brand. The main mechanism is based on the content generated by users. So, the more you are active, you will have more chances to create a better brand.
For Scrum trainers, we host them to post valuable subjects to attract potential audiences while they have an infrastructure to create and manage their classes and collect students payment. In fact, they have a class conduction full lifecycle management service. So they can build and expand their own training business.
On the other hand, Scrum practitioners can share their valuable experiences and achievements to improve their professional scores. It helps them be seen effectively by their network and employers.
As the platform is built based on content, all users should adhere to the following rules:
1- Users should not post subjects that are harmful or offensive.
2- Don’t share unrelated subjects.
3- Be trustworthy and respectful.
4- Your main attitude should be helping others thrive. This shows that you are really professional who deserves to be seen more.
Platform reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach these Terms & Conditions or the law or are misusing the service.
Training Course Conduction & Participation
- You declare that you legally use Platform and respect all rights of trainers as well as the Platform.
- If you cancel your booking, we will behave based on the cancellation rules of a class defined by its trainer.
- You are expected to read all the cancellation rules of a class carefully before booking.
- Some trainers define tax for their classes based on their own countries. Your country of residence is the reference to determine whether you are eligible for applying such tax. So, please set your current and real country of residence.
- After conducting a class, the trainer will send your name to the main organizations (Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance) for getting the related exam attempts.
- Trainers are responsible for providing all necessary tools for class conduction like Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, Skype, Mural, Miro, etc. They send all required class participation instruction and the guidance of used communication tools to the booked students before the class start date.
- You declare that you are an official trainer with Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance. Other main organizations will be added incrementally. Based on joining them, this document will be updated.
- You are responsible for conducting your classes on the predefined date and time.
- Every trainer has a private panel on the Platform on which they can create and edit classes, update their training profile, see their performance, bookings, registered students, etc.
All work of creating and editing classes is done by the trainer. However, if they need help, the Platform’s colleagues will help them.
- Platform does not define the class price. It is done by the trainer. However, they should obey the rules of Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance, if there is any.
- You clearly define your cancellation rules for every single class.
- For each class, the trainer revenue share is 80% of the class's total revenue. So, it is obvious that Platform share is 20% of the class's total revenue.
- You can define a tax policy for each class. In such a case, the Platform will transfer all collected tax amounts to the trainer directly. Trainers are responsible for clearing tax balances with their own countries' tax offices.
Tax is not used in the revenue share calculations.
- On the Platform, payments are managed by Stripe Connect service: It is a great service that Stripe offers to the platform-based businesses by which trainers (service providers) get their income immediately after the student payment in their Stripe connected account. In addition, invoices are automatically issued and sent to students on behalf of the trainers. So, trainers do not need to do anything about invoice creation and management. In fact, Scrum School is a double-sided platform. The first side is for the trainer who is deemed as the business entity that provides and offers training courses. The second side is for the student who is deemed as the consumer. Finally, Scrum School is a bridge that connects two pre-mentioned sides. To make it transparent, Scrum School is not the training provider. However, it brings an infrastructure on which trainers deal with students. For example, when a student wants to pay via an invoice, the invoice is created automatically via the integrated massages between Scrum School and Stripe based on the name of the trainer on the invoice as the service provider.Note: there is a Stripe transaction fee which is called “Stripe processing fee” that trainers (as training service providers) are responsible for. It is automatically deducted by Stripe when a student payment occurs.
To use this feature you need to connect your Stripe account to the Scrum School platform. To do so, you should go through the Stripe onboarding process at your panel and make your account onboarded. Once it gets done, you will get your class income right after the students’ payments. Although you get your income immediately, you will remain accountable for refunds and disputes if the class is cancelled or other reasons happen.
- In a refund case because of the class cancellation by a trainer, as Stripe does not refund its transaction fee, the trainer is responsible for this transaction fee. However, if a student cancels their booking, he or she is responsible for the Stripe transaction fee in the refund process.
- In fact, trainers (as training service providers) are responsible for all Stripe transaction fees or (bank transaction fees if applicable).
- Trainers are responsible for all license fees (per student or general) that they should pay to Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance. License fees are paid by trainers from the trainers' share.
- Trainers are responsible for providing and paying for all required tools for class conduction like Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, Skype, Mural, Miro, etc.
- Trainers should send all required class participation instruction and the guidance of used communication tools to the booked students before the class start date, preferably one week ahead.
- If you cancel a class, we will send a cancellation email to all booked students. In addition, all students’ payments will be refunded completely (Both trainer and Platform share will be refunded).
We are always open to hearing your feedback about the Platform. So, whenever you have something for the Platform improvement, send an email to the Scrum School support team.
Thanks for choosing Scrum School.